Truth: By Whose Authority

Dear Robbie,

Truth

 By Whose Authority

Language is the ultimate discriminator. According to scientists we begin to wire the structures of language in our brain when we are in our mother's womb. Specifically, the general consensus is that our abilities to express meaningful language structures is the result of genetically controlled development in the left hemisphere of the cerebral cortex. Enough science, this essay is about truth after all. "Wait", you shout, spitting out your coffee. "Are you stupid? Science is all about Truth!" Glad to have triggered your analytical sentiments: are you accessing your reflective system or your reactive system?

Okay, okay no more taunting as it is incredibly unbecoming and reeks of hubris. I can't help it, it's how I've been wired. 

I am not a scientist - I don't have the patience to belabour every single minutiae of every single point I want to make about subjects that intrigue me. Ever read Socrates theory of Form? Especially difficult from the critical theory perspective of the humanities. Yeah, you probably only went there because you thought Philosophy was an easy humanities course. What - now their telling me humanities is a branch of science...my god, have they no SHAME? See, this paragraph PROVES I'm not a scientist.

So how does a lowly humanist dare declare that Truth even IS, or that it is EVEN possible to tie it down with something so subjective as MEANING. I can't help myself. I believe Truth is. I believe it is as definable as time/space/reality. Truth is unbound by time. Truth is quantum in its pervasiveness throughout all aspects of the human experience. And, despite our construct of reality, Truth thrives. 

Since I create my reality based on the meanings I glean from the results of my creation and the act of constructing meaning, I'm going with Truth. 

Have some fun today,

Love Louise



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living One Minute At A Time